Pros and cons of smoking devices vs bongs
Quality of Bongs
List of all the major ways of smoking cannabis along with their advantages and disadvantages. Pretty good guide to help any aspiring or existing smoker decide what type of piece to buy/use. I say bongs are the best and nothing can change that, but please learn make your own decisions.
I'll start off with bongs:
Bongs and Hookahs Pros
- Bongs can be some of the most creative/unique of all smoking devices.
- More condensed smoke per square inch, than other smoking methods.
- If gravity/waterfall style bong, by far the thickest hits imagineable.
- Ice can be used to cool the smoke for extra smoothness
Bongs and Hookahs Cons
- A possibility of loosing some THC due to the bongs water filtration.
- Can produce possibly the smelliest water you've ever smelled.
- Unless specifically designed for stealth, totally impractical and unsafe to transport anywhere, unless for a very warranted reason.
- If a well used, uncleaned bong is spilled, it could stain carpeting, and or leave a nasty smell for days to come.
- Water must be frequently changed, both to keep the smell down and for better taste of the hits to come
- If gravity or waterfall style bong, it can involve too much of a process to operate, for the average stoned person.
Joints and Blunts Pros
- Leaves no physical evidence (such as a dirty bong) once smoked, other than a good smell in the air.
- They progressively get stickier with resin; thus possibly tastier, thicker hits, nice roach to smoke, etc.
- Cannot be irreplaceably broken (in comparison to glass pieces). Can fall on the floor and be fine, or if ripped none-too-severely, can be repaired with tape/rolling paper gum.
- Minimal upkeep, as it's lifespan is done when the weed is gone.
- Possibly the most concealable and much more concealable than i.e. bongs
Joints and Blunts Cons
- Can end up with you having resin smeared all over your lips.
- An overall loss of psychoactives, due to constant burning and or uneven burning.
- Depending on how much/the type of bud you're rolling, and the rolling impliment, it requires considerable amount of skill.
- If glass, possibly can change pretty colors/be equally as unique as bongs.
- Generally, easily concealable.
- Very strong hits with no thc loss
- Can produce fairly harsh/strong hits, in comparison to other methods.
- Stems can be to short, ending in singed hairs... and worse.
- If metal, can easily get too hot to handle the pipe.
- Towards the end of the bowl, it is entirely possible to accidentally suck some ash through the pipe, into your mouth.
- If glass, notorious for breaking. Not usually anywhere near as thick as in glass bongs.
- Bring together the wonderful world of pipes AND bongs. Combined perfection.
- In some cases, portable, but not practical to actually carry.
- Hard to change water in smaller or more twisted units.
- One of the harder varieties to clean in general.
- Possible to get nasty water in your mouth. Generally, occours more often with bubblers than bongs.
- Water must be frequently changed to keep the smell down, better the taste of the hit, and lengthen the time between cleanings.
- Minimal respiratory repercussions, the healthiest way of using marijuana.
- Long lasting highs on pure thc vapor
- Unique taste and very light feeling in lungs
- Possibly a more unique high in general than any other method.
- No loss of thc, all active ingredients reach your lungs
- Slowed process of thc production
- Some psychoactives may be left behind
- Less compatible with other forms of marijuana like hash
- Quite technical procedure of vapor production vs other intuitive manual ways
All ways of smoking weed, in the end, should get you where you need to be :-) I choose bongs ... what about you ?